Terms & Conditions
This is where we get into the boring stuff of the do's & do not's, just so you know how we operate & how we want you to operate! We're here to help, but we hope you don't expect us to fix the hole in your roof like this guy over here!
My Computer Repairs are responsible for:
- Data Priority – Our priority when working on any device is always ‘data’ foremost. Hardware can be fixed, time can be made up, however data is irreplaceable if not backed up. However, please be aware that data retention is not guaranteed & there is always the possibility that data will be lost.
- Response Time – We aim to have a tech at your door within your time-frames, however please be aware that we can not guarantee availability or accuracy of times laid out.
- Guaranteed Solution – For on-site services, we guarantee that we will find a solution to your problem or we will not charge you.
My Computer Repairs are not responsible for:
- Software – We will not be responsible for issues arising from software as we are not the developers of this software.
- Hardware – We can not guarantee the life-time of any hardware not supplied by us.
- Viruses/Malware/Hackers – We can not guarantee security against viruses, malware or hackers.
The Client is responsible for:
- Safe Environment – You are responsible for providing a safe environment for our onsite technicians to work within. This includes but is not limited to a workspace that is not hazardous, removing aggressive pets, supplying fresh work space with breathability (fans, open windows or air-conditioning), etc.
- Backup Time – Our technicians will take a quick look at your issue upon arrival & if there is any likelihood that data will be affected, they will backup the data. You agree to allow the time to backup any data in this case.
- Minimum Standards – We will work with your current IT environment. However, if your infrastructure is out of date/not ideal, we will recommend a ‘better’ solution. Should you not take these recommendations, we can not be held responsible for any downtime, extra labour to work with or any other issues that arise due to the current environment.
- Lodging Service Requests – We will use ‘best efforts’ to keep your IT environment running smoothly. However, we can not fix what we do not know. If you fail to inform us of issues in the call-out request, we can not be held responsible for any downtime, other issues that arise from that situation; furthermore, additional charges may apply.
My Computer Repairs will make recommendations to the client based on best practice. It is the responsibility of the client to implement these recommendations and/or give us the ability to implement recommendations. We can not be held responsible for issues that arise from scenarios where the client has not followed our recommendations. We will make recommendations on the following:
- Public facing web portals.
- I.T. in general.
My Computer Repairs provide a minimum one year ‘return-to-base’ warranty on all hardware provided by us as laid out in Australian Consumer Law. All warranties on hardware as specified by the original manufacturer is with them directly & not the responsibility of My Computer Repairs. If we have specified a longer warranty period this will be honoured. Warranty only covers the diagnostics & replacement of the faulty part, all other labour is charged at our standard rate. There is no warranty on software as laid out in Australian Consumer Law.
My Computer Repairs require payment after the successful completion of each job prior to our technician leaving. Circumstances may arise where we will send invoices to be paid via EFT, however, this is at our discretion. Please also note:
- Payment can be made via EFT with proof on job completion or credit card.
- We reserve the right to request 50% deposit prior to jobs starting.
- An extra 1.5% surcharge is levied for Visa/MasterCard.
- We do not accept physical cash.
- Due to the variable nature of IT-related problems, unless specifically quoted for, all work performed will be billed for the first hour & in half-hour increments thereafter.
- Quotes are valid for 14 days from date of receipt.
If invoices are not paid within a ‘reasonable’ amount of time as per Australian Law, We reserve the right to send for debt collection or take legal action.
6. CODE OF ETHICS
- Data is defined as virtual ‘files’, ‘documents’ or ‘software’. All data created or maintained during the period & thereafter where we perform work for you is the sole property of the current owner. All data created or managed by us for the sole purpose of assisting you, your business(if applicable) or projects commissioned by you, is your property. Conversely, all data created or managed by us that is not for the sole purpose of you, your business (if applicable) or commissioned by you, is our property.
- Intellectual property is defined as ‘expressly stated ideas’ or ‘developed software/hardware’. All intellectual property created during the period & thereafter where we perform work for you is the sole property of the current owner. All intellectual property developed by us for the sole purpose of assisting you, your business (if applicable) or projects commissioned by you, is your property. Conversely, all data created or managed by us that is not for the sole purpose of you, your business (if applicable) or commissioned by you, is our property.
- Employees in this policy are defined as people/staff that work in a ‘full-time’, ‘part-time’, ‘casual’ or ‘contracted’ capacity for the employer (You or Us). Employees employed by you during the period & thereafter where we perform work for you are not to be pursued or ‘poached’ by us. Employees employed by us at any time prior to or during the period & thereafter where we perform work for you are not to be pursued or ‘poached’ by you. This clause applies throughout the commitment period and for a period of twelve (12) months thereafter.
We believe in 100% satisfaction. If you are not satisfied with your service please allow us a ‘reasonable’ time to rectify the issue & restore satisfaction. We understand that not all partnerships will work smoothly, in these circumstances, we hope that we can part ways amicably.
8. JOB REQUESTS / TICKETING
There are three ways of submitting for a job request:
- Call 1300 001 627
- Email contactmycomputerrepairs.com.au
- Submit a form request on our website.
Once a job request has been made & we have confirmed a technician, you may receive a call from a technician to organise the visit or confirm further details. Please forward all new job requests through the above methods, do not contact technicians after job completion unless otherwise advised by one of our administrators.
9. TURN-AROUND TIME
My Computer Repairs can not confirm the time that a job will take as is the nature of IT. We can estimate job times, however this is not be taken as a guarantee.
We can also not confirm the priority we aim to give to you. Occasionally all of our technicians in an area will be unavailable for a period.
We appreciates your understanding.
My Computer Repairs are responsible for the integrity/security of all information in our possession. Information includes:
- Staff/client PII (Personally identifiable Information)
- Network layout.
- Sensitive client information.
- Banking/credit card information.
- Any other sensitive information as determined by the client.
11. CHANGES TO POLICIES
We reserve our right to change this policy as needed to accommodate changes in requirements, in the law and in technology.